Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Holding back the rain


On Monday, we filmed at a beautiful garden. There were all sorts of exotic trees and flowers, and a little brook happily wove itself through the greenery. The abundant rain fall on this island is what keeps the garden so lush, but we can't film in the rain, so, like we do every day that we film, we had been praying that the Lord would send good weather. However, the devil doesn't like it when we work for the Lord, so he always throws us things that we don't expect.
First of all, after we filmed the first song, I found out that I had to film the intro to Keep on the Sunny Side that afternoon, and I wasn't ready. However, the Lord worked things out, and gave me just the right amount of time and resources I needed to write my speech, even though I ended up losing it and rewriting it three times. Then, when we finally started filming my intro, I couldn't concentrate because I was being eaten alive by mosquitoes. After we prayed, the mosquitoes went away, but the neighbors started mowing their lawn, so we couldn't get clear audio. Finally, after we had filmed the very last song of the day, we came back to the same spot and tried again. Again we started with prayer, and this time everything went smoothly. We had just gotten the final take, when all of a sudden the clouds, which just minutes before had been providing us with the perfect lighting, let loose a torrent of fat rain drops. 
I know that the work we are doing here in Hawaii is for the Lord, and when He shows His hand in such constant, obvious ways, it just makes me want to serve Him more. I'm so glad that we serve a God that holds and directs all the world in the palm of His hand.   

-Katie A.

3 comments:

  1. Question: Who wrote this comment?

    Praise the Lord for all of His mercies and goodness to you all. He certainly is blessing your efforts.

    We all are praying daily for your ministry.

    Megan & Morgan's Metcalf's Mom & Dad.
    Thank you for the pictures, comments and videos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie A. was the one who spent the time to write down this testimony.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I started to read this post I thought, "This sounds like my Katie" and I was right, lol. Sorry that you are getting eaten by mosquitoes but I praise the Lord that he is watching over you all. We miss you soooo much! May God be glorified and protect you all as you continue your filming. HAPPY SABBATH!

    ReplyDelete