Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Singing on the plane

As she was picking up Nathan's trash, the flight attendant asked him what he and the whole group of us on the plane were doing. Nathan told her that we were an orchestra and choir from British Columbia, and that we were on our way to Hawaii for a filming trip. When the waitress heard the word "choir", her face lit up. "Nathan sweetie, would you sing me a song," she asked. Nathan was reluctant at first but eventually sang. Moving on, the stewardess picked out a new victim; this time it was Nolan. It took a bit more nudging and prodding to get Nolan to singing, but he too succumbed. Ruth was next, and did a beautiful job singing her solo line for "I want Jesus to walk with me." Someone then mentioned that Moses could sing. The stewardess was elated to hear this, and began trying to persuade him to sing.
But that wasn't all. As the plane was preparing to land, we struck a chord and sang "Faith Unlocks the Door." The stewardess was moved to tears. "I have never seen anything like this before." she said. "You all have touched me greatly. Never, never stop singing and using your talents for God." 
Even before coming to our mission site of Hawaii, God had used us to touch someone's heart.
    -Moses

8 comments:

  1. COOL! Love your blog. Found it on FB. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was there with you all! I'm sure not only the flight attendant but the passengers were blessed as well. Praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to see the pictures and hear the experiences you all are having! You all are in our prayers daily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! That's powerful! I wasn't even there to see her face, but I wanted to cry just hearing about it! Praise the Lord for the work you guys are doing over there! I wish I were there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful witness and blessing even as you were taking the long flights to Hawaii! We are keeping you all and the project in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is so cool. I can just picture your plane in singing. God Bless you all on this great trip. Hugs to Jessica and Rebecca from Auntie Dorothy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praise the Lord that people can see there is something different in FA students and staff alike! I was touched when I heard this story, it's so wonderful that God has chosen us to help him in his work!! May we always sing for Him! Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW... That is so awesome! I really wish I was still with you guys!!! So excited to see how God moves with this new project! Keep the updates comming I always love to hear new stories! Hugs to all of my FVA family

    ReplyDelete